It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we migrate DNG type systems across JTS. I know we can import the types in a single JTS across projects but is there a way to do that across JTS. Templates don’t carry forward the types.

Salman Shaikh (23412873) | asked May 20 '15, 6:47 a.m.
It seems the process template does not bring in the system types. I just made use of the process and project templates at two different levels to ensure the reference is not lost for the Parent and Child Project Area’s. Correct me if I’m wrong in my assumption and If there’s another way of doing this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered May 20 '15, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Salman, 

Are you sure you mean process template, not project template?
For an explanation what is the difference between the two, see my response in post:
A way to copy both process and project properties to a newly created project area, look at the response at this post:

Also not sure what you are trying to accomplish when saying "to ensure the reference is not lost for the Parent and Child Project Area’s". The concept of parent and child project areas does not really exists in DNG, so can you elaborate some more?
Salman Shaikh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.