It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best Pratice to create a project RM

Sylvie BABOULENE (1535) | asked Apr 10 '15, 8:48 a.m.
 Hi all,

I'm lost about the way to create RM project :
  - i've create a project with Rôles & access right (configuration in project zone) 
  - project properties with artefact types, attributes, link types ... 
  - and a folder structure 
So, made a Project Canevas to reuse this complete configuration.

But,  i don't get both of them :
 -  If i create a project zone i can "share process zone" to inherit Process Roles & access right
  and i must import project properties to get other part of my needs. (but not folder structure)

- Or if i create a requirement project with project canevas, i don't have the project zone configuration (access right role based).

Any help about that ?
Thanks for your time & advices.

ps: i saw on the application a weird thing, the same navigation link "create a project zone" don't redirect on the same creation menu (if you are in a server page or in projet it's a requirement project and if you are on project zone page you have a different way without project canevas).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 10 '15, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 10 '15, 11:56 a.m.
Hi Sylvie, yes, your observations are correct. You cannot create a new project area and copy project properties, folder structure, and the process configuration in one go.
Just to be sure on the terminology, I assume that project zone=project area, and project canevas=project template.

This has to do with the difference between a project template and a process template. For an explanation take a look at my response in this forum question:
Why don't I see all templates when generating a DNG project area

My recommendation would be create a 'base' project area with project properties, the folder structure and initial content, and create a project template off that project area. Also set the process configuration on that project area to your needs, and make that process configuration shareable.
Now, when creating a new project area, apply your project template on project creation, and next use the shared project configuration for your project area.

Let me know if that works for you. Also feel free to put in a request for enhancement for RDNG.
You can do that here: IBM Software RFE Community
Sylvie BABOULENE selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.