It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case import/migration

Jon Tilt (354) | asked Jun 11 '09, 11:01 a.m.
We are just kicking of an RQM POC.

For the POC we have a legacy of several thousand test cases that we would like to import from our in house test management tool.

The in house too stores all its data in DB2 but we are currently having problems with the migration. Would it be possible to provide us some entity relationship diagrams for the RQM database so that we can get things moving?

any help on migrating large amounts of data would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jon

3 answers

permanent link
Rajarajeswari Rangasamy (3651) | answered Jun 22 '09, 1:25 p.m.
Hi,

RQM supports import of test cases. Please refer the release plan of 2.0

https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/release-plan-2.0/

Also in wht format do you have the test cases?

Regards,
Rajeswari

We are just kicking of an RQM POC.

For the POC we have a legacy of several thousand test cases that we would like to import from our in house test management tool.

The in house too stores all its data in DB2 but we are currently having problems with the migration. Would it be possible to provide us some entity relationship diagrams for the RQM database so that we can get things moving?

any help on migrating large amounts of data would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jon

permanent link
Dave Payne (81152) | answered Jun 24 '09, 3:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

RQM supports import of test cases. Please refer the release plan of 2.0

https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/release-plan-2.0/

Also in wht format do you have the test cases?

Regards,
Rajeswari

We have 47K test cases, each with about 100 Test Execution records. They are held in a DB2 9.1 database. We have tried the XML import method but it is very slow for this amount of data.

What would be your advice for this size of migration ?

Thanks
D

permanent link
Dave Payne (81152) | answered Jun 24 '09, 5:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have loaded a 1000 test cases into our RQM 2.0 database via XML import. I can see them in my 'view test cases' query. I can work with them in my test plans and execute them to gather results.

However, in the Reports section I can't see them in a report like 'Test Cases' and in a report like 'Plan Requirements Execution using Weight', the 'Select Test Case' parameter list is empty (0 of 0 selected).

I'm logged on as ADMIN, so I should have all of the right permissions. But, I can only see the test cases in some places but not others.

How do I investigate the problem or report it ?

Thanks for the advice
D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.