It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import custom attribute data from excel into RQM.

gilad mor piperberg (27148) | asked Feb 21 '13, 7:16 a.m.
edited Feb 21 '13, 7:18 a.m.

I’m using the export tool (v 4.0.1) from excel to RQM (v 4.0.0.1) to upload all our TCs.

In addition to description and pre-condition the old TCs also have supplementary data (i.e.  miscellaneous …).

In order to have that I added a custom attribute field in the RQM as text and named it “Supplementary Data”.

What is the communed in the .cfg file that I need to write in order to connect column x to the custom attribute while importing.

Thanks,

Gilad.

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 21 '13, 7:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Gilad,
Take a quick look at the following thread, it may point you in the right direction

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/102815/updating-the-custom-attributes-when-importing-test-cases-from-excel-using-excel-importer-utility

Comments
gilad mor piperberg commented Feb 21 '13, 7:56 a.m.

I have tried what there is in that thread in several ways - all failed.

gilad mor piperberg commented Feb 21 '13, 7:57 a.m.

I got the following from Anthony Paul, Thanks  Anthony!

gilad mor piperberg commented Feb 21 '13, 7:57 a.m.
 Hi this is the line I used:
testscript.customAttributes identifier="Deadlines".name="Deadlines".type="SMALL_STRING".value=J
I have found that this works with Test Scripts but not with Test Cases using the "Scripts that create testcases" excel template.

gilad mor piperberg commented Feb 21 '13, 7:58 a.m.

what I use is exactly the  "Scripts that create testcases" excel template.

what is the way???

Thanks,
Gilad

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.