It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG:Formal reviews hang up during the "Submit Review" when a module is added.

Celia Bengel (1114) | asked May 05 '15, 1:55 p.m.

We are noticing that formal reviews hang up in RDNG (5.0) during the "Submit Review" if a module is include.  

Online help states: You can also create a review for a module. You can add a module to a review from the Modules page.  Important: When you add a module to a review, a module baseline is created and used in the review.   Informal reviews are fine.

The review will not finish submitting.  I am finding that the modules actually contain the baselines. 

Also, if I manually create a module baseline,  a pop-up box appears telling me the baseline is being created. However, the status never changes and I have to close the window manually.

It appears that some logic in the module baseline is not completing and allowing the formal review to finish submitting.

Does anyone know of any open defects related to this issue?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 05 '15, 8:58 p.m.

So you're actually saying that it take a long time (or may even hang) when creating a module baseline. How long have you been waiting for it to complete? I remember it can take a long long time to do this with a large module.

Celia Bengel commented May 06 '15, 6:51 a.m.

Donald,

It never completes.  I tried allowing it to sit for a while (15 min?) and nothing.   I ended up closing the window, clearing browser settings etc.   We have actually opened a PMR and I have our support team looking at logs.

The module in question was very small.  Three simple level 1 entries with 2 or 3 entries under each one.   I can see that the baselines are being created each time the we tried to start the review.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.