It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get DNG to display links to RTC and QM?

Brian Kurz (1714) | asked Jan 15 '18, 10:45 a.m.

I am running 6.0.4 with GC enabled.

I have a GC setup that includes an RM stream and QM stream.
I have a release in CCM that uses the GC with my RM and QM streams.

I have added an implemented by link from DNG to my RTC story.

On the RTC story I see an implements link.

On my DNG requirement, it says I have no links.

I have also done the same thing with a test case in my QM stream that is part of the GC, but the link is only visible in QM and not in the RM.

How do I get DNG to show the Implemented By and Validated By links?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 15 '18, 2:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello
Can you provide information on the status of your LDX and LQE datasources and if they are running properly? I assume configuration management is enabled in the QM and DNG project areas in question?  Once configuration management is enabled, there are some considerations for how links are handled. 
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ConfigurationManagementFAQ#Qs_Linking_artifacts_and_resolvi

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS2L6K_6.0.4/com.ibm.team.vvc.doc/topics/c_cm_linking_admin.html?view=kc#c_cm_linking_admin__section_own

Brian Kurz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brian Kurz commented Jan 15 '18, 5:07 p.m.

It appears the LDX and LQE appear to be running, but our server admin is on vacation and I am not able to access the settings for either of those with my admin permission level.

I have enabled configuration management in QM and DNG.

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 15 '18, 5:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Based on the diagram and info in the knowledgecenter topic, DNG does not own any of these backlinks but actually queries the link index for this information is my understanding.  So, that is where I would center the investigation.  You will need the admin to check the status of the TRS datasources for QM and RTC.  Possibly do a reindex.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.