It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install JRS ?

Bruno Di Giandomenico (501124) | asked Apr 15 '15, 6:22 a.m.
 Hello, apparently, as per instructions we found it is easy.
We have WebShpere, so we had to install the WAR in WebSphere, start it, then go into JTS setup, and there the problems begin.
Something must have been botched because the JRS is apparently registered,as it appears on the list of applications (sorry cannot upload the image because of the low reputation), but I cannot run any setup, it does not appear on the list of applications which can be configured.
How can we manage this problem ? I have cancelled the JRS application, re-registered it, and run the setup, which is now hanging on the final step "Finish Setup", Finalize Lifecycle Project Administration Setup.
Are they connected ?

Comments
Timo Reiss commented Apr 16 '15, 4:36 a.m.

I just used the instructions from the video Don provided, and they work like a charm. Thanks for the link!

Don Yang commented Apr 16 '15, 9:24 a.m.

thanks for the feedback, I converted the comment to answer based on your info so that it can be referenced by other users.

5 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 15 '15, 7:10 a.m.
I found this video is very helpful and you may want to give it a check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uYTDbIrXG4

Comments
Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Apr 17 '15, 5:26 a.m.

Thanks, I shall look at the video. Can't do it in the office, unfortunately.

Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Apr 18 '15, 10:37 a.m.

I have looked at the video. It is really good, thanks, you have done a really good job.  I did not know about the shared library, for example, which is surely a problem.

I still have a couple of questions, though.
Fist of all, I am now running JTS 5.0.2 iFix 4, because of a problem I have with DM. And using WebSphere with Oracle. It should not make any difference from what you have shown.

1. In the video you start configuring JRS in the JTS admin page, apparently without starting the JRS from Webshpere. Is that correct or is there just a step missing ?
  2. I am using right now not the exact 5.0.2, but the beta , which has a WAR of its own (5.X M6), because that was the object which was suggested to me by an IBM friend. I suppose it works just the same, or do I have to downgrade to 5.0.2 as you are using ? Is there any iFix to be installed too ?

Don Yang commented Apr 19 '15, 8:08 p.m.

Thanks Bruno. The video is from Ben and he has done a great job to show how to install and configure JRS in v5.0. I followed this video to configure my environment as well.
v5.0.2 ifix04 should not be any different in terms of installation and configuration.
1) JRS and JTS service should be started before you can configure and use JRS within JTS.
2) 5.x M6 is a managed beta version and it is not recommended to use with GA version of JTS. At least there is no official test between a managed version of JRS and GA version of JTS.Please use GA version of JRS5.0.2 from RRDI 5.0.2. I am not aware of JRS ifix, hence I believe it is compatible between JTS5.0.2 ifix04 and JRS 5.0.2.

permanent link
Bruno Di Giandomenico (501124) | answered Apr 21 '15, 4:53 a.m.

Hello, it took me quite a long time, because the first download of the RRDI was broken at the end and I had to re-download all of the 7+ Gb !

Another small problem. I cannot connect to the DataWarehouse server, and I have the suspicion that the DB JDBC driver has not been set.

There is a quick mention in the video, about the instation of JDBC driver, by copying them in the moved RS folder. The mention is performed whilst the WebShpere is started up again.

What does it mean ? No additional explanation is gived.

Thanks again

Comments
Timo Reiss commented Apr 21 '15, 5:00 a.m.

What database are you using? The procedure shown in the video (on the JRS admin page) did not work for me to create a data warehouse connection; I had to create the data source manually in order to get it to work. I figured this may be a problem since we have MSSQL instead of DB2 as shown in the video.

Copying the JDBC driver is necessary, since JRS will load the driver from the shared libraries folder. It won't find the JDBC driver installed for JTS.

Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Apr 21 '15, 5:07 a.m.

I am using Oracle. I have the suspicion that I have the same problem, because I have no data source.

How do I copy the JDBC drivers ? Must have done it before, but I cannot find where I noted it.

Timo Reiss commented Apr 21 '15, 7:21 a.m.

Don provided the correct link.

You just need to copy the ojdbc6.jar file (or any other jdbc.jar, file that you are using) from an arbitrary source to the WAS shared libraries folder, that you created during the installation of JRS (probalby [JTS-Install-Dir]/server/conf/rs/WAS_SharedLibrary if you followed the instructions in the video).

"Connect to data sources" on the JRS setup page did not work for me, as mentioned in an earlier comment. I needed to select "Create a data source" from the "Data Sources" tab, where I used "Data Warehouse SQL Connection". Just select you database vendor (in your case: Oracle) and provide the JDBC connection string from

the JTS Server Administration Advanced properties com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService "JDBC Location" as the "Data source location". That did the trick for me, at least.

permanent link
Bruno Di Giandomenico (501124) | answered Apr 21 '15, 8:15 a.m.
I do not know why I do not seem to be able to comment on your answer, I apologize for that.
We are progressing, and the setup was performed, thanks for the suggestions, I would not have made it.
Now I have 2 data sources
Lifecycle Query Engine
Rational Data Warehouse
I can add the widgets, as per video, but right now the data (as per example given) are hanging, and not displaying any data. Just the bar "Loading".

If I go again in the page of the RS setup I have an error. List follows. Something's not working still, but getting closer and closer.

Error Status 503

Error Message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable X-Powered-By:Servlet/3.0 Content-Type:text/html;charset=UTF-8 $WSEP: Content-Language:it-IT Transfer-Encoding:chunked Connection:Close Date:Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:14:23 GMT

Error Substatus

Detailed Message com.ibm.team.jfs.app.oauth.OAuthTokenRequestFailedException: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable X-Powered-By:Servlet/3.0 Content-Type:text/html;charset=UTF-8 $WSEP: Content-Language:it-IT Transfer-Encoding:chunked Connection:Close Date:Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:14:23 GMT at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.oauth.OAuthHelper.getToken(OAuthHelper.java:2105) at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.oauth.OAuthHelper.getNewRequestTokenFromProvider(OAuthHelper.java:965) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.common.restservices.BaseRestService.unauthorized(BaseRestService.java:300) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.common.restservices.BaseRestService.service(BaseRestService.java:237) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.gatewayservices.FrontResultService.service(FrontResultService.java:120) at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.servlet.AppContainerServlet.dispatchRequest(AppContainerServlet.java:155) at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.servlet.AppContainerServlet.service(AppContainerServlet.java:281) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1227) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:776) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:458) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:136) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:79) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:928) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1025) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1385) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:194) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.gatewayservices.Front.getUserID(Front.java:333) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.gatewayservices.Front.authenticate(Front.java:284) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.gatewayservices.Front.handleRequest(Front.java:174) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.gatewayservices.Front.doGet(Front.java:75) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:575) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1227) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:776) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:458) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:136) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:97) at com.ibm.team.integration.reporting.common.services.EncodingFilter.doFilter(EncodingFilter.java:82) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:195) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:91) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:928) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1025) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:87) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:909) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:200) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:459) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:526) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:312) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:283) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1048) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.readyInboundPostHandshake(SSLConnectionLink.java:716) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyHandshakeCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:412) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLUtils.handleHandshake(SSLUtils.java:1066) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLHandshakeIOCallback.complete(SSLHandshakeIOCallback.java:87) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:175) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1862)

permanent link
Giovani Marin (111) | answered Oct 25 '16, 9:00 a.m.
 Hi Bruno,
I have the same error. Do you find solution for this?

permanent link
Bruno Di Giandomenico (501124) | answered Oct 25 '16, 9:52 a.m.
Sorry, we did not solve that particular problem, but somehow we sidestepped it by installing 6.0.1. That solved the problem but in a different way, of course.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.