It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions required to deliver with Web UI

Terry Taylor (4199) | asked Apr 14 '14, 4:11 a.m.

My understanding is that the Web UI, as it does not use a repository workspace, requires permissions under "Save Stream (server)" to operate correctly.

Our testing of these permissions has shown that any sub-permission removed will render delivery impossible! So to utilise the Web UI for Source Control, the users have to have such permissions as :-

• Modify the stream flows
  • Remove components from the stream
  • Delete the stream
  • Destroy the locks of others

Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that education should stop any erratic behaviour, but it is by no means prevented and leaves an uncomfortable position where you may not be able to undo some of these changes!

We are currently operating v3.0.1. Can someone tell me if this has been revised for RTCv4?

One answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Apr 14 '14, 8:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are probably hitting the error reported in Can't edit documents from Web UI on Ella/Jazz / when "require work item and comments" advisor is on (176453). This is reported fixed in 3.0.1.1 and 4.0.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.