It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem after moving projects from one RTC component to another one

Marko Tomljenovic (31650109) | asked Aug 09 '17, 6:54 a.m.

Hello all

I have the following problem.

Using an older RTC version (some 5.x) I was moving an Eclipse project in the RTC Eclipse client from component A to B. In component B since then we have further changed the moved files/folders.

Now I have a new user that wants to load a stream containing component B using the Eclipse RTC client. The RTC clients always aborts with errors that some files could not be loaded/are out-of-sync, ... (exact error message I will provide asap).
Only after I provide the user access to component A the files from B can be loaded properly. Our current version of RTC is 6.0.3.

I would have expected that after moving the content from A to B access to B is enough to load all of it.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Aug 09 '17, 10:27 a.m.

Could you please check the .log from eclipse client and past the error information.

Marko Tomljenovic commented Aug 09 '17, 10:55 a.m.

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.filesystem.client 4 0 2017-08-09 16:40:46.191

!MESSAGE There were errors during download.  It is recommended that components be reloaded.  The reload will be incremental, loading only the missing items.  You can further reduce the reload time by reloading just the projects out of sync.
!SUBENTRY 1 com.ibm.team.filesystem.client 4 0 2017-08-09 16:40:46.191
!MESSAGE Unable to load main because the parent folder does not exist.
!MESSAGE Unable to load integrationtest because the parent folder does not exist.
!MESSAGE Unable to load test because the parent folder does not exist.
!MESSAGE Unable to load java because the parent folder does not exist.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 13 '17, 3:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 13 '17, 3:50 p.m.

In order to load the files, it should be sufficient to have read access to the component that currently owns those files/folders ... you should not have to have read access to the component that owns previous versions of those files/folders.   I suggest working with IBM Support on this one ... I can easily imagine that this particular use case (not having read access to the original component) is not checked by the automated regression tests, so there could be problems lurking there.

Marko Tomljenovic selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Aug 14 '17, 3:04 a.m.

Thanks for confirming my opinion on this.

I have created a PMR so let's see what the support says.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.