It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Cases is missing in Sections "Test cases"

Thor Aaen (1728) | asked Apr 13 '15, 5:29 a.m.

Hi,

How can Test Cases automatically be added in a Test Plan under Sections “Test Cases”, based on the selected Requirements that has been added in the same Test Plan under “Requirement Collection Links”.

All the Requirements that is in Sections “Requirement Collection Links” is linked to individual Test Cases, and it is the same Test Cases that I expect to be seen in Sections “Test Cases”.

BR

Thor

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Apr 14 '15, 7:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is done through requirements reconciliation (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_reconcile_reqcolls_rm.html).
Thor Aaen selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Thor Aaen (1728) | answered Apr 16 '15, 5:14 a.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer. 

It turn out that we have some problem when using this Reconcile function.

And I see the sequence where you, select witch TC have to be included in the Test Plan

But you still have to manualy select each TC that you want to have in the TP - Here is my point, why add Requirements into the TP and still have to select each TC using this Requirements Reconcillation.

But I must live with it :-)

BR. Thor

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Apr 16 '15, 11:09 a.m.

Hi Thor,

When you generate test cases from requirements, the test cases are automatically added to the plan.

permanent link
Thor Aaen (1728) | answered Apr 22 '15, 4:47 a.m.

Hi Paul,

You are right, but this is only when I make new test cases from within the Test Plan and incl. requirements.

But this is not the case when I make a new test plan and select e.g 10 requirements for this new test plan. Then I expect also to have all the test cases witch are linked to these 10 requriment - because the 10 requirement already have test cases linked from earlier time.

In this case I look like I have to manually select all the test cases for these 10 requriment.

BR

Thor

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Apr 22 '15, 9:09 a.m.

Correct.  In this case, you have to manually add the test test cases associated with the requirements to the test plan. 

Also, note Can't associate existing Test Case to a Requirement (from the requirement) (28323).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.