It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I read the name of the Test Environment of the currently executing RQM test from RFT test script ?

Paul Sandie (38913) | asked Oct 28 '13, 11:43 a.m.
In my Rational Functional Tester Java script I want to be able to read the Test Environment of the currently executing RQM test case. Is there some way of doing this ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Oct 29 '13, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Paul,

This was introduced in 4.0. https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/35822

Thanks,

Deepa

Paul Sandie selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Oct 29 '13, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paul,

You could use the built-in execution variables to obtain information about the test environment. RQM_CONFIGURATION execution variables given below are test environment related.
https://jazz.net/library/article/809 has a section on how to use the built in variables in a Command Line script through an environment variable. These built-in variables should be available within the RFT script similarly.
Thanks
Deepa

Built-in execution variables

In certain cases your test might need to obtain information about the test execution environment it is running in, such as the name of the test suite or the test case that is being run. Built-in execution variables provide environment information. To enable built-in variables, select the Include built-in variables check box in the Execution Variables section of the test script editor.

When this check box is selected, the following additional execution variables are created:
RQM_TESTSCRIPT_NAME
RQM_TESTSCRIPT_WEBID
RQM_TESTCASE_NAME
RQM_TESTCASE_WEBID
RQM_TESTSUITE_NAME
RQM_TESTSUITE_WEBID
RQM_TESTPLAN_NAME
RQM_TESTPLAN_WEBID
RQM_TESTPHASE_NAME
RQM_TESTPHASE_WEBID
RQM_TESTCASE_EXECUTIONRECORD_NAME
RQM_TESTCASE_EXECUTIONRECORD_WEBID
RQM_SUITEEXECUTIONRECORD_NAME
RQM_SUITEEXECUTIONRECORD_WEBID
RQM_PROJECT_NAME
RQM_PROJECT_ALIAS
RQM_BUILDRECORD_NAME
RQM_BUILDRECORD_WEBID
RQM_BUILDDEFINITION_NAME
RQM_BUILDDEFINITION_WEBID
RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME
RQM_CONFIGURATION_CPU
RQM_CONFIGURATION_BROWSER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_ADAPTER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_DATABASE
RQM_CONFIGURATION_APPLICATIONSERVER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_MANAGEMENTAGENT
RQM_CONFIGURATION_OS

Comments
Paul Sandie commented Oct 29 '13, 9:56 a.m.

Hi Deepa,

That sounds like a good solution. Unfortunately I can't see the checkbox for including built-in variables. I looked at both command line adapter and Functional Tester scripts and it wasn't there in either case. It would have to be available for Functional Tester scripts. I'm using Rational Quality Manager 3.0.1.6. Do you know if I need a newer version of RQM to access this feature.

thanks,

Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.