It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cfg error in export to repository

archana kurup (2026872) | asked Oct 09 '13, 5:29 a.m.
         hi,i tried using export to repository in the word.When i click on EXPORT button after choosing the cfg file(samples/multiple testscript in Tables.cfg) from the sample folder,it was showing 1 error and 1 warning even though i have imported the cfg files from the sample folder of ibm.
2 error:Index was out of range.Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
              Parameter name:Index
Warning:Exporting completed,but no artifacts
Can anyone please tell me why it's showing errors and warnings?
In the Export to Respository window when i browse it will only shows the cfg files not the word file...is it right?

4 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 09 '13, 8:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Archana,
I was successfully able to import the sample you mentioned in post
The environment I as using is as follows
RQM 4.0.3
Excel/Word imported 4.0.3
Microsoft Office 2010

Steps to import
In the "RQMWordImporter\Samples" folder, open the Word Document "Multiple TestScripts in Tables.doc"
With the Word Document open, access the RQM import tool via the 'Add Ins" menus option
Set the value for the RQM server and enter the appropriate credentials
Select the Project area to import into
Browse to the "RQMWordImporter\Samples" folder and select "Multiple TestScripts in Tables.cfg" As you noted, by default, the Browse functionality is set to look for only files of type .cfg.
Select the Export button

Is there anything you are doing differently based on the above steps?

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Oct 10 '13, 5:19 a.m.
no

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 10 '13, 7:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Archana,
Can you provide a screen shot of the Export To RQM dialog box just prior to to preforming the Export; I wold like to see the values being used for the export
Also, if you could provide the error message as seen in the "Mso2Rqm_Debug.log" log file the tool generates

Thanks

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Oct 15 '13, 12:40 a.m.
edited Oct 15 '13, 12:58 a.m.

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 16 '13, 2:07 a.m.

Archana,

Trying with ExcelImporter 3.0.1.6 could help(should be compatible with RQM 301).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.