It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Load Rule

Verdan Salay (18817) | asked Apr 06 '15, 9:43 a.m.

HI RTC SME,

I was wondering how could I load a single file into my workspace using the load rule.

The one below is the default load rule, which part should i change to load a singe file?

<itemLoadRule alternateName="Component_Dev">
        <component itemId="_7_5EoG8sEeSyEtkCdfURrw"/>
        <!-- <component name="Component_Dev" /> -->
        <item itemId="_7_5EpG8sEeSyEtkCdfURrw" itemType="folder"/>
        <!-- <item repositoryPath="/" /> -->
    </itemLoadRule>

Sample /zOSsrc/<folder>/<file>.<file ext>

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 06 '15, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The easiest way to generate a load rule is to use the Eclipse client to load the desired file (from the Repository Files view), and then generate the load rule from Window->Preferences->Sandboxes .   In particular, it is usually best to use the UUID form of the load rule, and this will obtain the right UUID for you.

Comments
Verdan Salay commented Apr 06 '15, 10:39 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

The load rule above is got by using the steps you provided.

I'm asking how to modify it to make it load just a single file in the whole component.

Regards

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 06 '15, 11:15 a.m.

I believe the load rule generator tries to be "helpful", and if you load a file that is the only member of a given directory, it will generate a load rule for that directory (which implicitly will load that file).  If you have more than one file in the directory, it will generate a "single item" load rule, such as:
       <itemLoadRule>
        <component itemId="_IjMtQs3tEeSGvqgXard3bQ"/>
        <!-- <component name="compa" /> -->
        <item itemId="_KctzoM3tEeSDEuF6atP6iA" itemType="file"/>
        <!-- <item repositoryPath="/projp/barp.txt" /> -->
        <sandboxRelativePath includeRepositoryPath="true"/>
    </itemLoadRule>

Verdan Salay commented Apr 06 '15, 12:54 p.m.

how to generate a load rule  for a directory, its just create for the whole component. There is no option to go deeper.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 06 '15, 5:41 p.m.

I don't understand this comment.   Are you asking whether you can create a load rule for a directory?   If so, the answer is yes, and the load rule you originally posted is an example of such a load rule.   The component itemId needs to be specified in the load rule because folders with the same ItemId can appear in multiple components.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.