It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Reporting Service Compatibility Question (6.0 JRS with 5.0.2 CCM?)

Brett Waldo (1101521) | asked Mar 31 '15, 9:48 a.m.
 As in the title, can I install JRS 6M10 and work with a 5.0.2 CCM. This would be installed into one 5.0.2 JTS? 

The reason I ask is because it looks like JRS 5.0.2 is very basic and really almost a beta release. I'm looking for some of the advanced features that are in 6+. Since its just a reporting tool, I can live with some instability quirks, as long as it doesn't mess up the CCM application.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 31 '15, 10:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I checked with the Reporting dev team, and their response was:

JRS is still dependant on the CLM version number. So 6.0 JRS will require a 6.0 JTS.
Also note that JRS (and JTS) 6.0 M10a (like all milestone, non-GA releases) is for evaluation ONLY not for any production.
Brett Waldo selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Cornell (5411) | answered Mar 31 '15, 10:15 a.m.
I do not think that installing JRS 6.0 M10 will work properly when registered with JTS 5.0.2. The basic CLM upgrade restriction is that the JTS must be at or newer than any application registered against it. Thus the JTS would have to be upgraded to 6.0 (which you probably do not want to do).

I know that during 6.0 development, some changes were made in JTS that broke some scenarios in the Jazz Reporting Service. Therefore JRS has already been modified for these JTS changes and I do not know if the changes will work with a 5.0.2 JTS.

My suggestion is to leave the existing 5.0.2 JRS installed and to install JRS 6.0 in a separate application server (Tomcat) and register it (e.g., via jts/.setup) with the 5.0.2 JTS. It might work so its worth a try. Because this second JRS will be in its own Tomcat server, it will not affect any CLM applications.

Comments
Brett Waldo commented Mar 31 '15, 10:30 a.m.

Excellent idea. Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know if I get around to this. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.