It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we create RTC stories from a module in RRC?

Doris LAU (1267) | asked Feb 18 '15, 1:53 a.m.
We can create RTC stories from RRC collection a one go.  Can we perform the same for RRC module?

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 06 '15, 3:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't recall -- have you tried it?  If it doesn't work, this would be a useful RFE.
If it doesn't work directly, then you can add the artifacts in the module to a collection, then do it.

Comments
Doris LAU commented Apr 07 '15, 10:42 p.m.

Hi Daniel, I use RTC 4.  In plan view, links can be added to plan with option "Implements Requirement Plan" but not a one for module.  Adding artifacts to a collection is a way creating links to RTC.  Yet, I am not sure if there exists way to add all artifacts in a module to a collection or I need to do so manually one by one, which may be error prone.

Robert Wen commented Apr 08 '15, 12:35 p.m.

I agree.  This would be a useful RFE that I would vote for.

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered Apr 07 '15, 5:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Doris,
  do you mean from RRC collection, you can create/link to the story?? May be i am not right, but i think you can create the link from Artifacts (which is part of the collection) to a story.
you can link the RRC collection to your plan.

How can i create RTC stories from RRC collection in one go??

Comments
Doris LAU commented Apr 07 '15, 10:44 p.m.

hi Manoj, in RTC plan view, you may link with option "Implements Requirement Collection".  There it will show RRC artifacts in selected collection.  As you select some (or select all) RRC artifacts for RTC work item creation, RTC Stories will be created in that plan.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 08 '15, 12:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I opened 96545: Auto-create RTC work items from a module view

Feel free to add your voice.

Comments
Doris LAU commented Apr 08 '15, 10:04 p.m.

Hi Daniel, it is impressive that you created work item for that immediately and you let me learn that there is similar feature available in RM-QM integration.  I have never seen that integration before.  Interested to know how the hierarchy in module is handled.

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Apr 10 '15, 5:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I think this may work, but it might not be obvious that it does because of a terminology issue.  Doris, maybe you can give this a try and see if this is what you meant. 
From OSLC point of view, a module or a module view is treated like a collection.  So even though the link is "Implements Requirement Collection", and the dialog says "Select Collection", this is also showing modules and module views. 

In the picture below (sorry for the size), the items listed are modules, and you can also see specific views for each module.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.