It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best approach for gathering RRC workload and usage statistics for projects and artefacts?

Brad Middleton (6911010) | asked Aug 19 '13, 1:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm after the best approach for gathering RRC workload and usage statistics for projects and artefacts.  These are to determine project usage and sizing workloads, to help with server performance etc..

Total Project Count: 
Total number of folders: 
Total number of requirement artifacts: 
Total number of collections: 
Total reviews: 
Total comments: 
Total public tags: 
Total private tags: 
Total term count: 
Total link count: 

What approach would you suggest?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 28 '13, 2:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brad,

Unfortunately I don't think there's a simple answer for this. I'm not sure how much, if any, of this you might be able to do via the OSLC APIs. You might be able to get some of this information by writing SPARQL queries to collect the data via the rm/rmadmin page under Debug / SPARQL Query but I couldn't find a way to use that to get a project count. You can get a partial view of project count under Manage Project Areas but then that could be more than just RRC projects. But bottom line, there's no straightforward way to currently get such statistics that I'm aware of.

Depending on the business need, you might be able to contact Support and request a utility to provide such statistics.
Brad Middleton selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.