It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Regarding customizing actions column in planneditems page for iteration view

aastha khatri (22621) | asked Feb 18 '15, 12:50 a.m.
Hi
I have recently started development on the RTC project. I want to add few attributes to the actions column for story work item so that the user can modify the story work item directly from the planneditems page.
Could you please guide me on the same.
Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 18 '15, 3:03 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '15, 4:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can edit the work items directly on the planned items page. You have access to the attributes you display and you can also open the plan inline editor in the web UI. You can add custom attributes to the view.

It is unclear to me what you want to do in which UI and what area of RTC, e.g. which client. You might want to elaborate on what you want to do.

aastha khatri commented Feb 18 '15, 4:04 a.m. | edited Feb 18 '15, 4:13 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for such a quick response.
Actually I have added some custom attributes for a story work item like "high level design"( can have either of the two values "required "and "not required") which are visible in the story work item editor. Now I want to show this attribute in the actions column (for story work item) in plannedItems page. Same as we see"Plan For" ,"Assign to Owner" "Promote" "Demote" etc. So that the user can directly change the value of "high level design" attribute without opening the edit work item editor.
I hope I am clear in my question.
Also can you please tell me what is the difference between Inline Work Item Editor and Lightweight Work Item Creation dialog.
Thanks & Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 18 '15, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware if this is even possible. There are some links e.g. to the Web UI Programming model: https://jazz.net/library/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/web-ui-programming/index.html on my interesting links page https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/interesting-links/ if you really want to spend the effort and money.

You might have a better chance in the Eclipse UI, but I have not attempted to do that and I don't know if it is possible. I have been able to add to the context menu however, as described here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/adding-context-menus-for-jazz-objects-to-the-rtc-eclipse-client/

I would suggest to not attempt this and use the built in editors if at all possible.
aastha khatri selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
aastha khatri commented Feb 19 '15, 12:29 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '15, 4:41 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for sharing the links. I was having a perception that by modifying the process configuration source I can introduce the attributes in the action column. But it is not easy as I thought it to be.
Thanks For your help!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.