It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I make an Announcment Banner in RTC (5.0.2)

Steve Mills (5111) | asked Sep 30 '19, 12:42 p.m.
We want to be able to communicate upcoming outages for planned maintenance.  Is there a way to do this in an announcement banner or some other mechanism like a pop up box at time of login?

You know, like what I am seeing on this forum right now until October 3...
"Jazz.net will be be unavailable on Thursday October 3 from 8:30pm-9:30pm US Eastern time"

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Sep 30 '19, 2:31 p.m.
edited Sep 30 '19, 2:34 p.m.
Possibly.  I think that 5.0.2 enabled System Alerts in the JTS admin.

Those are dynamic, there can be several and they are expiring.  They appear above the user/application menus at the upper right.

One has to be JazzAdmin for the repository to add / remove an alert.  An alternative might be a theme which posts the notice which could be in one of many places ( e.g. login, the web ui masthead, ui footer ).
Steve Mills selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Steve Mills commented Oct 01 '19, 8:41 a.m. | edited Oct 01 '19, 10:27 a.m.
Thanks Kevin for your quick response with a working solution.

I notice 1 funny behavior. I wanted the alert to post a link to our maintenance calendar and the link in JTS and RRC (DNG) works like a charm.  The html in the RTC System Alert is treated like text.

This is still so much better than nothing, but I was disappointed that the alert worked different in RTC with regards to html than it does JTS and DNG.  RTC is by far our heavy hitter.

Steve Mills commented Oct 01 '19, 8:48 a.m.

My reputation is not high enough to post screen shots.  I will try not to take that personally.  :)

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 01 '19, 8:52 a.m. | edited Oct 01 '19, 9:33 a.m.
Yes, due to some security concerns html may not be interpreted.  This would depend on having the iFix with said change installed.   With ifix sometimes an application war file will be in need of update.
You might want to leverage theme to put something in the masthead.   e.g.

The above is done in the aboveBanner part of theme.

One other answer

permanent link
Steve Mills (5111) | answered Oct 01 '19, 10:33 a.m.
Thanks again!  We do have a different ifx level in RTC (5.0.2) iFix 25) in RTC and iFix 15 in JTS and RRC. Maybe that is why they are inconsistent.

I like the theme example as it appears I  can put more text there (without having to hover to read it).  I am gonna research that option.

In any case, I have something that will work, its just a matter of how good it is.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.