It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Importer installation problems

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked Feb 04 '15, 10:58 a.m.
edited Feb 05 '15, 4:38 a.m. by Donald Nong (14.5k614)
Hi,

I am currently trying to install the RQM Excel Importer Tool.
My setup:
Win 7 Pro SP1 x64
Excel 2007
.Net 4.5

I installed the Office PIA package. Then I am installing the RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45.msi.
So far so good.
In Excel, the Add-In is deactivated stating a runtime error while loading the vsto file.
I double checked everything which is written as prerequisite on this page:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Prerequisites

I am also missing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Mso2Rqm.
I do have admin rights.

Any idea?

Regards
Jochen

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 05 '15, 4:37 a.m.

Check the install log and see if there are any errors.

Jochen Staack commented Feb 09 '15, 8:31 a.m.

no errors are shown in the log.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Feb 05 '15, 6:36 p.m.
When using RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45.msi/RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45.msi, the main purpose is to support TLS 1.2. is this your intention or you want the general Excel RQM addin?
If you only want to have RQM Excel addin to be installed, you may try RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi which should work.
If you have to use RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45.msi, there is an issue with this installer. You may contact client support to further investigate.
Jochen Staack selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Feb 09 '15, 8:33 a.m.

I want the general functionality. So the RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi works for me, thanks!

One other answer

permanent link
Carlton Knight (16112) | answered Feb 16 '15, 12:30 p.m.
FYI. New Defect.

The installations for the RQM Word and Excel Importers for DotNET45 Fail because files cannot be found.

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=133403

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.