It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Queries - Owned by condition - how is the list of names populated.

Matt Muller (59813674) | asked Feb 02 '15, 5:46 a.m.

Good morning,

When creating a query in the web for a project with many teams and lots of users (100+ users etc):

1) When you set the condition for Owned By in a query - you get a list of default names?  how is this list populated?

- Is the list dynamic for you? for teams you have access to etc.?

-  Does the list look at the Project Area Access? or Team Area

- If your project area and team area has 300+ users is the list restricted?  how many entries are displayed

2) I see from the URL when I create a Query it gives a specific me a different URL to someone else.

If anyone can help to define how the Owned by list is populated when setting a Query up that would be great,

Thanks

Matt Muller

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 04 '15, 10:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure exactly how the list is populated, but when I run a query on my internal instance, it gives me options for the "Owned by" field of users who are in the same team area as me. The project area contains 100s of names, and those are not included in the "Owned by" field; but I can add more names if they are not present in the list.

When you run a saved query, it should have a UUID associated with it. This would allow any user to access the same query with this UUID in the URL. This URL should be common amoungst all users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.