It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Sort items by String field in plan view?

Surender Biyyala (403548) | asked Jan 16 '15, 4:06 a.m.
edited Jan 16 '15, 4:12 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi All,

I wanted to sort on a field whose type is String in the Plan View.I know we can only do it for Number or Enumeration but I wanted to know if there is any way to get this done.

Thanks
Surender

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 16 '15, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the plan views don't support it, it can not be done.

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Jan 29 '15, 4:22 a.m.

Thanks Ralph !!

The exact scenario is that

we are sorting based on the Rank but some of the work items do not have rank assigned to them in that case we want to sort the other work items based on the other field which is String.

There is an option provided for sorting based on the unranked items for that Im able to see only the enumerations . Iv seen in the documentation that "A restriction for your Ranking Attribute is that it must be an enumeration".

Is there any way that I can solve my problem i.e., I should be able to sort the unranked items based on a specific column.

Thanks,
Surender

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 29 '15, 4:57 a.m. | edited Jan 29 '15, 4:57 a.m.

In RTC 5.0.2 you can specify to sort by rank. In the same display option you can select a second attribute  (that supports sort order) which is used for the work items that don't have a rank.

If your version of RTC does not support this yet, it can probably not be done.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 29 '15, 5:04 a.m.

Only enumerations and the complexity attribute seem to be supported for the second sort option as far as I can tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.