It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Planning: Difference between the accumulated time calculation between the Scrum and Formal projects.

Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | asked Jun 02 '12, 12:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have 3 Questions:
1. what attributes accumulate time in scrum depends on. 
2. Can you please provide business rules for scrum for accumulate time
3. Compare the answer to the 2nd question with bussiness rules for FPM, what is the difference

One answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jun 02 '12, 12:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. what attributes accumulate time in scrum depends on.
The attributes accumulated time in scrum depends on are:
WorkItem.OWNER: The scheduling happens only for the work items that have owners
WorkItem.SEQUENCE_VALUE: The user can arrange the work items in the my work view based on his priorities
WorkItem.RANKING, The Scrum master assigns the ranking while doing the backlog planning this is considered
WorkItem.ESTIMATE, This is calculate the amount of time required.
WorkItem.EFFECTIVE_DURATION: Sometimes the user updates the corrected estimates hence this is required.
WorkItem.RESOLVED and WorkItem.RESOLUTION_DATE: the resolved work items are excluded.
WorkItem.ITEM_TYPE: For the Plan items 
WorkItem.TARGET/planned for : the Iteration to which the work items is targetted for
WorkItem.BLOCKS_WORKITEM: If the work item has the dependence then the successor needs to wait till predessor is commplete.
2. Can you please provide business rules for scrum for accumulate time
3. Compare the answer to the 2nd question with bussiness rules for FPM, what is the difference.
The Major difference lies in the 2 custom attributes that are added for FPM project areas:
1. The Constraint type and 
2. The Constraint Date.
RTC Supports 2 constraint types:
The SNET (Start No Earlier Than) if set and specified then it is used to calculate the start date for the Work.
The FNLT (Finish No Later Than) if set and specified then it is used for plan check and to inform the user that the work item cannot be scheduled before the scheduled dates.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 02 '12, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For sequence value, ranking, item-type, target, and blocks_workitem affect accumulated time, I can see how they would affect scheduling, but how do they affect accumulated time?

Aradhya K commented Jun 03 '12, 5:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Accumulated Time is the output of the dates calculated from the Scheduler. Hence the Attributes mentioned will affect the values of Accumulated time as well.

Andrew Codrington commented Sep 06 '12, 12:31 p.m.

This is an important question, but I don't think it's fully answered here or in the docs/articles I've found so far.

For example, I didn't see Work Allocation mentioned here, but I'm pretty sure it's an input to the math for accumulated time.

Is there a good reference article for the agile scheduler's approach to accumulated time?

We're using OpenUp in 3.0.1.2 so something relevant to that would be perfect but anything that would help explain how the accumulated time works for non-FPM scenarios would be greatly appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.