It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add trigger when closing work item as duplicate

Michiel Seuren (813) | asked Jan 06 '15, 3:13 p.m.
edited Jan 06 '15, 3:16 p.m.

We’re using functionality for defects regarding duplicate work items that we would like to have for tasks as well.

Here’s what we do:

1) Close a defect

2) Set the resolution to ‘Duplicate’ and hit the save button  

3) Jazz RTC 5.0.2 will now ask to provide the duplicate work item  

We need this behaviour for tasks as well.  

I added ‘Duplicate’ as a resolution for tasks. However, I can close the task, set the resolution to Duplication and save the work item. Jazz doesn’t ask for the duplicated work item in this case.  

I’ve been trying to find a hook/trigger that defines what happens when you close a work item and set the resolution to ‘duplicate’.  

Could you point me in the right direction on how to accomplish the same behaviour for tasks as for defects?

Thank you.

Comments
Michiel Seuren commented Jan 07 '15, 9:51 a.m.

Thanks Sam,

In an environment with 300+ people we do have cases where we have the same work defined multiple times throughout multiple software groups. It's not our goal to do this though ;-) We do need the possibility to be able to flag a work item as duplicate and preferably have that triggered automatically when closing a task.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 06 '15, 4:33 p.m.
edited Jan 07 '15, 11:05 p.m.
this is hard coded. I opened enhancement https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/242467
to move it to a selectable plugin..

but in your case, duplicate task doesn't make sense to me.. unless you are telling me in your environment multiple people document the need for the SAME work over and over

Michiel Seuren selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 07 '15, 10:02 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '15, 10:33 a.m.

unfortunately, none of the documented extension approaches provide the ability to prompt for additional data like this operating does.

You could attempt to read the product source (most provided in SDK download bundle) to determine how the product does this.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 07 '15, 10:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Would be interesting to know. I don't know a solution either, unfortunately.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.