It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

project source control - where are git actions

john norris (20733844) | asked Apr 15 '16, 9:05 a.m.

Hi,

This is for RTC 6.0.1. I am looking at the manual - "Registering git repositories" and following https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCGitIntegrationSetupUsingNode. I have created an ccm project and have installed node.js and have a git repository. I have set git repository access permissions on the project.

I am supposed to be able to see "git requests" under the source control heading in the side menu. But all I have is "attribute definition" and "new workspace configuration".

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

John

Accepted answer

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Apr 15 '16, 9:13 a.m.
Hi John,
Do you see the following?
john norris selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Melissa Kivisto commented Apr 15 '16, 9:15 a.m.

Hmmm, it doesn't look like screen shot from my 601 environment has displayed.
Under the Source Control menu from within a Project Area page, you should see itlast in the list, under a header Authorize, "Git Requests".

Melissa Kivisto commented Apr 15 '16, 9:19 a.m.

Source Control menu

john norris commented Apr 15 '16, 9:30 a.m.

Hi Melissa,

I am obviously doing something very dumb because I do not have the top menu. I am in the web on machine:9443/ccm  as an admin and choose an active project. All I have is the admin headers - Users, project areas, templates, access groups and reports. No source control.

Regards,

John

john norris commented Apr 15 '16, 9:32 a.m.

Hi Melissa,

I am obviously doing something very dumb because I do not have the top menu. I am in the web on machine:9443/ccm  as an admin and choose an active project. All I have is the admin headers - Users, project areas, templates, access groups and reports. No source control.

Regards,

John

john norris commented Apr 15 '16, 9:37 a.m.

Ah....

It is on the project dashboard!

Many thanks Melissa

Melissa Kivisto commented Apr 15 '16, 9:38 a.m. | edited Apr 15 '16, 9:38 a.m.

Hi John,

Try navigating to machine:9443/ccm/web then select a Project Area.  You should see the Source Control menu there.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.