It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI Report not showing Data on one workstation?

Ahmed Omair (41033) | asked Dec 16 '14, 2:14 a.m.
Dear All,

I have built some reports using RRDI for my organization. The data on these reports is visible for most users and PCs. On one PC all the RRDI reports are showing No Data Available message. On that PC i checked using multiple CLM users and the result is the same. I checked this on all three main browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome but get same results. This is very strange behavior. What can be the problem?

Regards,
Ahmed Omair

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 16 '14, 4:38 a.m.
Hello Ahmed,

I have some suggestions to troubleshoot the problem:

1) If you have multiple environments (for example: production, development, test...) make sure you are connection to the one the other users are using.

2) You can try to generate the SQL of the report from report studio ( Tools > Show Generated SQL/MDX ) and checkl if you get the same in the machine where the report is working and on the machine where it's not working.

3) You can check the server logs (WAS and cognos) when you run the report that returns no data for exceptions.

4) Check that on the machine where you get no data, there are no firewall, antivirus or other similar software configured differently from the other machines where the report works.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.