It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data collection job fails for requirements

Amit Garg (312051) | asked Mar 19 '14, 5:36 a.m.

We ae using CLM 4.0.4, RRDI 2.0.4 and WAS 8.0.0.3

Data collection job for CCM and QM works fine without any issues, but it fails everytime for RM.

Failed Requirements Mar 19, 2014 1:41 PM Mar 19, 2014 1:42 PM 37 seconds
Failed Repository Mar 19, 2014 1:37 PM Mar 19, 2014 1:37 PM 17 seconds
Failed Common Mar 19, 2014 1:37 PM Mar 19, 2014 1:37 PM 18 seconds

================================================================

Kindly advice

Comments
Amit Garg commented Mar 19 '14, 5:56 a.m.

Error we found in jts-etl.log file:

CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized

4 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 19 '14, 5:53 a.m.
Hello Amit,

to start troubleshooting the issue I would look for errors in the jts-etl.log log file.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 19 '14, 6:13 a.m.
Hello Amit,

HTTP 401, usually indicates that there's a problem with the user configured to run the data collection jobs.

If you look at JTS Admin > Reports > Data Collection Jobs, do you have an user ID and password field next to the jobs or an OAuth key?

Are these the same credentials that are used in the other applications that works fine (CCM/QM)?

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Amit Garg commented Mar 19 '14, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Fancesco,

In JTS Admin > Reports > Data Collection Jobs, I see Oauth key and the password. CCM/QM are using different set of Oauth key and password which are not listed anywhere (not even in consumer inbound).

When I compared the oauth key for jts with the keys in the consumer (inbound) section, it was using "Jazz reporting" oauth key and secret. So I removed this Jazz reporting entry, recreated it and provided etl_user as the functional user. Used the new key and secret with jts and now I'm able to run the jobs successfully.

However I want to know, should it be a user ID and password instead of oauth key or vice-versa?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 19 '14, 7:00 a.m.
Hello Amit,

both approaches are good.
By default when you run the Setup, you get and user id and password if you specify the credentials for the data collector user, or otherwise an OAuth Key if you leave it blank.

You can switch between one and the other by changing the following parameter:
JTS Admin > Reports > Data Warehouse Connection > Internal Connection Properties > XDC Authentication Type
  • Form = You use User ID and Password
  • JTS = You use the OAuth key and secret
I see an advantage on using the OAuth key, mostly for configurations where the user registry is on LDAP and you can't create a functional user in your LDAP directory to be dedicated as data collector user.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 19 '14, 7:45 a.m.
I had the same issue with CCM and QM. I used "repotools-ccm  -clean -addTables" and "repotools-qm  -clean -addTables" commands and some missible columns etc were created. I used this aaproach with the help of IBM Support.

You might wanna try
"repotools-jts  -clean -addTables" command. That would help you.
There's no side effect etc...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.