It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to edit multiple work items for an attribute that is an enumeration list?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Dec 03 '14, 5:49 p.m.
I have a customized work item with an attribute called "Build List".  This attribute is an enumeration list.  I need to be able to select multiple work items at a time and update them by adding an additional Build List to their values in the Build List attribute.  Is there a way to update multiple work items for an attribute that is an enumeration list?

4 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Dec 08 '14, 5:12 p.m.
If you edit the Column Display of a query that returns the work items that you want to edit so that the attribute is displayed in the query results, you can then select the work items, right-click in the attribute column of the results, and select Change attribute-name to the desired value.

Ken

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 09 '14, 9:56 a.m.

Ken, it doesn't give you that option to Change attribute-name for the attributes that are enumeration lists.  I was hoping there was another way of doing this or a work around.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 08 '14, 5:46 p.m.
As far as I can see, it is not possible to update an enumeration list attribute of multiple work items in the query result. In the web client, the column that can be multi-updated is designated with a green cross. If you don't see such green cross for a column, it cannot be updated for multiple work items at the same time.

permanent link
N Z (3622127) | answered Dec 09 '14, 10:13 p.m.
 As Donald says, it probably won't be possible from the web.
I haven't verified, but the only thing which may work is to do it using the eclipse client, i.e., export the query into a csv file, update the attributes, and then reimport updating existing id's.

permanent link
Georges Oneissy (53522) | answered Mar 30 '15, 3:21 a.m.
 Can you reimport csv files? will it update the work items?

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Mar 30 '15, 9:54 a.m.

I have tried to update it via an import from a .csv file and it does not work.  It ends up putting multiple "N/A"s into the attribute.

Georges Oneissy commented Mar 30 '15, 10:05 a.m.

Thank you Janet. It would have saved me a lot of time tho.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.