It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why the "Submit for Review" is grayed out?

He Huang (31911) | asked Aug 30 '13, 5:48 a.m.
retagged Aug 30 '13, 3:39 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
I created a workspace on a stream snapshot and did some change set there.
I checked in the change set and want to submit it for some one to review.
But the "Submit for Review" is grayed out in the right-click pop-up menu of this change set.
Why?

Comments
Remy Suen commented Aug 30 '13, 9:35 a.m.

Can your coworkers reproduce this problem? I have not heard of this problem before. It sounds like a bug.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Aug 30 '13, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Check if your repository workspace is flowing with a stream. Also, those options are not available when delivering from a stream. Deliver, deliver and resolve, and submit for review are not available in those situations. Otherwise, it might be a bug.
He Huang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kot T. commented Aug 30 '13, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The note in the link below supports Tim's answer above:

"Note: The action is disabled if the workspace is currently collaborating with a stream."

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_submitting_change_for_review.html

Tim Mok commented Aug 30 '13, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think I explained myself wrong. I meant that if your repository workspace is not flowing with a stream then the option is unavailable. It's also unavailable when delivering stream to stream.

The documentation is incorrect. It should say the action is disabled when not flowing with a stream. The intent is the user wants a review before delivering to a stream. Reviews aren't applicable when flowing with a workspace or flowing to nothing because delivery is not possible.

Abraham Sweiss commented Aug 30 '13, 2:51 p.m.

I did a quick test in my 4.0.2 environment, and all worked as expected.
1. Which version of the eclipse client is being used?
2. Were there any errors in the <workSpace_root>\metadata.log file

He Huang commented Sep 02 '13, 3:25 a.m.

The repository workspace is created from a snapshot of the stream. Does it mean this workspace is not flowing with a stream?

Besides, I do not belong to the owner of this stream. Will it impact?

My RTC is 4.0.2.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 02 '13, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To find out if your workspace is flowing with the stream, open up your workspace in the Eclipse workspace editor, and scroll down to the flow targets section.   If you see the stream there, then you are flowing with it.   If you don't see the stream there, use the "Add" button to add it as a flow target.

He Huang commented Sep 03 '13, 5:29 a.m.

After adding a flow target, I can use the "Submit for review" option now.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.