It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to automate Rational CLM environment in Firefox using Rational Functional Tester?

Mardon Anchuvas (645) | asked Nov 26 '14, 10:22 a.m.
I tried to automate some of its functionality using IE browser and successfully automated some of its part. However, when I tried it in Firefox, the object recorded is quite different from IE. Text boxes, dropdowns and hyperlinks is sometimes recorded as one object and only differs by coordinates. Object manipulation is quite hard since the test object record has no unique properties that can be identified by RFT. Is there any workaround to fix RFT's object identification in automating Rational CLM in Firefox?

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 26 '14, 11:28 p.m.

Have you enabled the firefox in RFT before you do the recording? It is not clear which version of RFT and Firefox you are using, it can be compatibility issue(Firefox not support in specific RFT for example).

One answer

permanent link
Mardon Anchuvas (645) | answered Nov 27 '14, 8:59 a.m.
edited Nov 27 '14, 9:00 a.m.
Yes I did. I'm using RFT v8.6 and automates Firefox v31.

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 30 '14, 7:47 p.m. | edited Nov 30 '14, 7:47 p.m.

The only thing I can think about if CLM may have some objects which are customized. but it does not explain why you have no problem with IE. You may want to try to playback IE recorded script for Firefox and see how it goes. Because RFT supports cross browsers  feature, it may do the trick for you. Although your intention may be to ask how CLM are developed and why RFT can not record it properly in FF, basically this is more RFT recording related and it should go to RFT related forum for further discussion.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000322

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.