It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create QM tables in RQM 4.04 during setup

Claus Buch (5836) | asked Nov 13 '14, 5:06 a.m.

When adding th Quality Manager application to Was 7.0, the setup wizard comes to the point where the databases for QM are created.

I have created the QM database in my remote DB2 on aix and connections is ok - the other databases for jts and ccm are working proberly.

The default values for the QM databases is Derby, but when I change this to db2 and provide the password, destination and user the setup wizard keeps on resetting the database type to Derby, and giving an error which tells me to create the tables in step 3. But there is no step 3 !!

I've already tried to reinstall the qm application and to replace the teamserver.properties file for qm but it seems that  I am stuck in the state where I have to create the tabels but without any tools to create them.

In other words - I miss the button in the wizard to create the tables.

Any idea of how to get rid of this deadlock ??

Product info :

RTC 4.04

Was 7.0.0.25

Aix 6.1

DB2 9.7 fp3

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 13 '14, 6:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Claus,
please refer to https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_manually_update_config_db2.html
and run the createTables repotools command for QM:
repotools-qm -createTables 

(ensure to update QM teamserver.properties before running the command)

Hope it helps,
Eric
Claus Buch selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Claus Buch (5836) | answered Nov 13 '14, 9:30 a.m.

Hi Eric

Thanks a lot - that was just what I needed to get on

/Claus

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Nov 13 '14, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad I could help here.

Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.