It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it OK to delete RQM/RRC from the RTC server and add these later if we need?

ryosuke oka (17984548) | asked Sep 30 '12, 9:42 p.m.
Our customer need to replace their server machine because of the server is lack of capacity.
Current they have CCM/RQM/RRC but they want to only move CCM to the new server (same name and same public URI).

They had moved CCM only to new server as a test and got some warning message.
So the customer is wandering if RTC support removing  Application and adding same application later on.

Their concern is they do not use RQM/RRC at this stage but they might need to use these later on.
So, the bottom line is:   Can RTC support removing RQM/RRC (applications) and add deleted application later on.? It mean new RQM/RRC application, not migrating old data of RQM/RRC.

If so, what is correct process of deleting application and adding new application?

I have seem many users face to invalid consumer key warning once they unregistered their applications.

The example is in this forum:
How to cleanup invalid consumer keys
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17768&sid=109bb1e5ed1f952d49f1762832df4891

Let me know if you know what is correct process of unregistered and preregister the same application.

Thank you,

One answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54149) | answered Sep 30 '12, 9:59 p.m.
Check here:

The following steps describe how you can re-register the application for CLM 3.0.1 Note:Pre-existing RM data will not be preserved!

Comments
Jim Ruehlin commented Oct 01 '12, 6:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that once an application (and the associated project data) is registered to a JTS, it can't be moved to another one. However, you can remove an application and attach a brand new application, which it sounds like is what you're trying to do.

In fact, you can register any number of RQM and CCM applications to a single JTS. Just one RMC per JTS at this time.

ryosuke oka commented Oct 01 '12, 11:19 p.m.

Thank you for your comment, Jim.
That`s what my customer was planning to do. Good to hear that.

Jin Zhou commented Mar 15 '13, 5:12 a.m.

Hi, Jim

Can I continue to ask whether it's OK to register more than 1 RDM(Rhapsody design manager) applications to a single JTS?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank You 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.