It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to launch (already imported) RPT tests from RQM?

Mihail Barbuta (622) | asked Oct 22 '14, 3:53 a.m.
After a few days of tinkering with RPT and RQM settings and searching the web, I have decided to post the question here in hope that someone might be able to help me with the following issue:

RQM adaptor is configured in Rational Performance Tester and running. I was able to import the tests and schedules in RQM, and I have created a new RQM test case to link one of each kind.

The problem is that when selecting "Run" from the test case, the Machine field lists the following value: "Not Available". When clicking the associated "Change Machine" button, there are no available machines, although the adapter is active and when trying again to import, the adapter is listed as "Available - 0 Jobs in Queue".

Is there anything else I need to configure in the "Lab Management" section, or in the RQM test script?

Software used: IBM Rational Performance Tester 8.5.1.1 and IBM Rational Quality Manager 4.0.5

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Oct 22 '14, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mihail,

If you check the Adapter Console (Execution -> Adapter Console) form the QM project area, is the RPT adapter present and in a running state (i.e. Green)?
Also, I'll need to check, but I am not sure the RPT 8.5.1.1 is supported with RQM 4.0.5 I don't see it listed in the System Requirements documentation  

Ara

Mihail Barbuta commented Oct 23 '14, 3:18 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '14, 3:24 a.m.

Hi Ara, thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, in the QM project area, the RPT adapter is present, and the health is green. The adapter type is set to "Rational Performance Tester", and the "Last Heartbeat" value is always "1 minute ago".

I figured out a potential cause of the issue: when importing the test scripts, I have selected as script type "Rational Performance Tester", but after the import the script type is set to "Command Line", which is odd - shouldn't the script type be RPT there as well?

I couldn't find a way to change the script type. Also, in the "Command Line Script Details" section, when attempting to select the "type of test resource to use", and clicking the "Select Adapter" button, there are no adapters in the list.

One answer

permanent link
Mihail Barbuta (622) | answered Oct 27 '14, 8:47 a.m.
I have found the cause of the issue for this problem being the incorrect import of RPT scripts into RQM as "Command Line" scripts, and thus not displaying the Adapter when attempting to execute.

I think this is most likely a bug in RQM, but could be caused by RPT being a newer version than explicitly supported by RQM 4.0.5.

The work-around is to manually create the test script with Type = "Rational Performance Tester", and linking the RPT artifact from there. Detailed steps below:
1. In RQM menu, go to Construction > Create > Test Script
2. Enter a meaningful script name in the Name field
3. For the Type drop-down, select "Rational Performance Tester"
4. In the "Performance Test script details" section, select the "Use test resources that are local to a test machine" option,
5. Click the "Select Adapter" button --> a pop-up is displayed with the list of available RPT adapters
6. In the pop-up window, select the adapter / machine from which you want to link the RPT test / schedule, and click "Next".
7. Enter the Project Path (relative to the workspace path) and click "Go".
8. From the list of available RPT artifacts, select the one you want to link (hint: use the filter if the list is large), and click "Finish"
9. Create a RQM test case, and link the script created in stept 1-8
10. Run the test case using the adapter selected in step 6.

Now... to figure out why the performance reports aren't displayed in RQM...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.