It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to change the Build no. field for TCER and upload using python script

Moustafa Ghoneim (111) | asked Sep 06 '19, 10:54 a.m.

I was trying to download TCER from rqm as a spreadsheet, but the spreadsheet downloaded doesn't include Build no. is there a way to add it to the downloaded spreadsheet and populate the column with values then upload it using the python utility??

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Sep 26 '19, 12:50 p.m.
Hi,
I think I did not understand the question properly. But the way related functionality works is as follows -
1. Let us ensure that there is a Build Record associated with Test Case Result.
2. On the TCER table view, add "Build for last result" column by adding it via "Change Column Display Settings".
3. This column should indicate the Build Record name which was used in the last test case result for TCER.
4. Downloading the spreadsheet for this table view, would contain the build record name as well.

Are you looking for any additional information other than Build Record Name related with TCER and associated result?

Alternatively you could use OSLC API to fetch record of TCER, and Test Case Result. Map the build information with TCER related with a given result. And make use of this mapping the way you want. But I guess this is not required in your case.
Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
Moustafa Ghoneim commented Sep 26 '19, 2:41 p.m.

my question was after downloading the TCER as a csv file it contains the column for build ID but after I use the python script to convert the csv file into an excel i lose that column for build ID so when i am uploading the results column i would like to also upload a build ID column. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.