It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adapter cannot connect to one of the renamed project area

Ricky Jay (28119) | asked Apr 28 '16, 7:29 a.m.
Hello,

I am facing a problem while integrating RQM and RPT through adapter. Adapter connects fine with other projects but it throws below errors while connecting to the project which was earlier renamed.

I have tried connecting it by using old project name and the new project name but it doesn't connect in any case.
RPT Version: 8.7

Can someone please suggest on this?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ricky Jay (28119) | answered Apr 28 '16, 1:13 p.m.
In my case, user was a member of project in RQM and it has RQM Connector Client Access License.

I have identified the problem as there was a missing permission in a user role assigned to a member i have used in configuring the adapter. Below permission must be enabled in order to connect RPT adapter with RQM.

Register - under Register tool adapter section.

This resolves the adapter connectivity issue :)

permanent link
Joao Carusi (2638) | answered Apr 28 '16, 8:06 a.m.
 Hi Humayun, 

Try using project alias, here is a technote about it: 
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21394276

Thank you

Comments
Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 8:12 a.m.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have already followed this and it says this issue has been resolved in newer versions of RPT. We are using 8.7 version.

Update: This issue has been corrected in RPT versions 8.1.1 and later.

Also, I have changed some other project name and tried connecting with old/new names of the project area and it is successfully connected.

Seems like there is an issue with my project or some roles/permission issue.

Is there any specific permission needed for the adapter connectivity?

Joao Carusi commented Apr 28 '16, 8:34 a.m.

Hi,

"This user account must exist in Rational Quality Manager with a Connector Client Access License. The user account must also be added to the project area being accessed by the adapter, with a role granting write permissions to the project. The default Test Team Member role is recommended."

Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 1:07 p.m.

Thanks for the useful information.

Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 1:08 p.m.

Thanks for the useful information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.