It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User takes automatically a floating licence after timeout -RQM

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Oct 08 '14, 11:59 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '14, 1:57 p.m.
Hello!
We are using RQM 4.0.6, we noticed that when a user doesn't log off or closes the browser or leaves the pc, even after the timeout (one hour) has passed, the user may take again the floating licence, and even after I used the option of releasing the licence in the Acquired Floating Licenses option in the JTS server, the user appears again in the Acquired Floating Licenses panel.

Is this a normal behaviour or it might be changed? This affects other users.

Thanks for your help!

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 08 '14, 11:09 p.m.
This is quite unusual. I tested the two scenarios you mentioned in v4.0.6 and I did see the floating license is released in jts server's Issued Leases view and Acquired Floating License under User menu.
can you please enable floating license logging in jts admin page > advanced properties

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseService
Enable Floating License Logging

and then reproduce the issue and see what is showing in the log file and post the result here.
we should be able to tell more from the log entry on what is happening.
Thanks

Comments
Marinept Villalobos commented Oct 14 '14, 8:56 a.m.

Thanks for your reply, I enabled the logging option.

However, because of forum rules I can't post the log here. but I shared it on Gdrive. 

thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.