It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove work item Type attribute in web Inline editor?

anup Gaur (1392144) | asked Oct 22 '15, 10:08 a.m.
edited Oct 22 '15, 10:29 a.m.
 Requirement : 

When logging a Defect from RQM, the Defect form has Work Item Type attribute as a drop down list of values. This List of Values shows custom and predefined work item types. The default work item type is "Defect".

The user can select another value from the drop down while logging a defect. 
This should be RESTRICTED / NOT ALLOWED. 

Basically we don't want the work Item Type attribute to be available in the web inline editor. Is there a way to remove it or make it read only??  

Problem Analysis:

On further investigation we found the following:
1) The UI form used when logging a defect uses a Web Inline Editor.

2) The Web Inline editor does not have the work Item type attribute in it available for editing. Like making it read only from presentation properties or remove the editor presentation for this attribute to remove it from the form.
3) In the permissions section setting the modify permissions to none has no effects.
4) Looking at the operation behavior and presentation read only properties, we were not able to set this attribute to read only or remove from the editor.

we are using CLM 5.0.2.

Please suggest if there is a way to fix this, even if it can be done through Java scripting or Java Extensions?

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Oct 26 '15, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suppose it is CLM with RTC as the OSLC service provider for Defects.  RQM brings up the dialog but have no control on the content.  We can only catch Cancel or OK with the link info, but it is the service provider that populated the content.  Changes must be done from the service provider.  I am not sure if there is any settings within RTC that will restrict the work item type selection.  I believe that permission is enforced so users will not be able to create work item types that they don't have permission.

Comments
anup Gaur commented Oct 26 '15, 4:50 p.m. | edited Oct 26 '15, 4:53 p.m.

Hi Paul,

yes you are right in saying that 
"it is the service provider that populated the content".

The problem is that in the presentation editor for Web inline editor type in RTC, we can't see the work item type attribute. The rest of the attributes we have a control since we can see them.

If we set it(work item type) as read only, this has no effect. Some user roles may have permissions to create more than one work item type, like logging a defect and creating a story. So we want to remove the work item type attribute  presentation itself.

paul chu commented Oct 27 '15, 12:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is "the presentation editor for Web inline editor type in RTC" mentioned here the Editor Presentations settings of Work Items in the project area admin properties page of RTC?  I don't believe those settings are for OSLC.  You might want to post a question in the RTC forum to confirm.  I can't speak for RTC, but for RQM the dialog layouts for our OSLC service provider are all hard coded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.