It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM permission to create new test environments

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Oct 01 '14, 10:53 a.m.
We have a 4.0.7 installation with the template rpm.process.ibm.com.v3. There is labmanager role and a testmanager role. The Labamanager role has the right to create a lab, the testmanager does not have any role, and my user was used to create new resources with admininstrator role using the option 'lab resources and channel properties'. We don't want the users to have admin roles: how do I change his permissions to allow him to do this taks ?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Oct 02 '14, 4:48 a.m.
Surely you mean "rqm.process.ibm.com.v3", the "Quality Management Default Process"? Regardless what the existing roles are, you can always create a new role and customize its permissions.
Open the RQM project and choose "Manage This Project Area" after expand the drop down menu indicated by the gear icon at the top right corner, and navigate to the "Roles" then "Permissions" section to customize.
The operations that you need to give permission for should be "Save Channel" and "Save Lab Resource", and you may want to give permissions for other related operations as well.

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Oct 27 '14, 4:44 a.m.

Donald, I took the labmanager role and added the 2 permission that save channel and save lab resource, but it is not not enough. What do you mean with 'other related operations as well' could you be more specific or do I need to make a trial and error to find out ?

Donald Nong commented Oct 27 '14, 10:06 p.m.

Unfortunately trial and error is the way to go when you configure permissions - you do need to make sure the user/role has the minimum permissions to perform the intended tasks.
For this particular use case "save channel" and "save lab resource", you will also need the permission "Save Administrative Options" and the user be a project administrator - sounds crazy I know but I have got an AQXCA5009E error and that's what it says.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.