It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test script type set to "Manual" by default when created from within Test Case section in RQM

Rajesh Avanthi (10815145173) | asked Aug 19 '14, 11:05 a.m.
 I was doing a quick check with RQM v5.0.

If i create a new Testscript from "Construction" >> "Create TestScript, I can select the type as "Manual " or some other things from the drop down..
However if the Test scripts are created from within Test Case section, by default the Test script type is set to "manual" (greyed out ) by default.

Any reason why??

This link says... it should be "manual" by default..

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_testscript.html&scope=null

but how does this vary from creating from the "Construction" menu and from the "Test Case"section

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Aug 19 '14, 11:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Rajesh
You mentioned that:

"If i create a new Testscript from "Construction" >> "Create TestScript, I can select the type as "Manual " or some other things from the drop down"

To verify, are you navigating to "Construction -> Create -> Test Script"  or "Construction -> Import -> Test Script" ?
I don't believe 'Create' will give you options of other script types 

Ara

Rajesh Avanthi commented Aug 20 '14, 3:00 a.m. | edited Aug 20 '14, 3:01 a.m.

TestScript created from Construction Menu

Rajesh Avanthi commented Aug 20 '14, 3:13 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 21 '14, 1:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,
Your observation on the behavior is correct.
There is not really a good reason for this other than we did not get to adding more options to that ui yet. This is tracked by an existing enhancement request: Create test script from the test scripts view of a test case only provides manual test option (24429)
I suggest you subscribe to that enhancement request.
Regards,
John Nason

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.