It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during save Manual Script Preferences

Sandro Gross (174) | asked Jul 04 '23, 8:30 a.m.
edited Jul 06 '23, 3:15 a.m.

Hello everyone

I would like to add a new word in the Test Script Step. I do this at the Manual Script Preferences in the Manage Project Properties but I get an Error massage during the save progress.
Error saving Manual Script Preferences:
AQXOP5002E Your user ID does not have the administrator role, or it is not a member of the JazzProjectAdmins group, or both, which is required to change the project properties.
Must I do change a permission of the role which I have or it only works with admin rights?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04 '23, 9:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider carefully reading the error message, to understand what it tis saying and then work with your administrator to fix the issue. 

Sandro Gross commented Jul 06 '23, 2:41 a.m.

Hello Ralph, thanks a lot for your comment but sorry, this was not the answer which i am looking for. My CLM Admin and I, we work together in the RQM project areas because this is a pretty new application for us , that was the reason for the question above - whether it is enough to change a permission or only with admin rights.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 06 '23, 2:53 a.m.

If you are looking for a different answer, consider to provide information in your question that can be acted upon. Can you answer anything based on your question above? I doubt it. Lacking information is for example - What is the error message? 

Since this is a quite common pattern, I have created How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? to provide some hints. You can update your question with actionable information.

Sandro Gross commented Jul 06 '23, 3:17 a.m.

Hello Ralph, okay You are right, I changed the question and I hope it is some clearer ;) 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 06 '23, 3:51 a.m.

In ELM there are the following concepts (a summary):

Access Control
Roles and Permissions
Process Area Members Group
Process Area Administrators Group

Access Control is everyone or limited
Roles are defined and have permissions configured, Everyone has the Everyone role and the Permissions grated to that, 
Members of the Process Area group can have roles assigned and get the aggregate of all permissions of all roles they have (included Everyone).
Members of the Process areas Administrators group can perform certain process area related operations and override certain limitations.

Repository Roles or Repository Permissions: JazzAdmin, JazzProjectAdmin, JazzUsers, JazzGuests

JazzAdmin can see any data, create project areas, add themselves to process areas, create roles, give themselves roles, Change permissions for roles They can save such changes even if they do not have the permissions with the roles assigned. JazzProjectArea Admin have the admin override in process areas and can create process areas. They can not see data that they have no access control permissions to see.

Read your error message. Do the following:
What user are you using at the moment?
What Repository Permissions does that user have?
What Access Control?
What Process Area Group membership? 
What roles? Do the roles have the permission to perform the operation? Use search in the permissions editor.

Once you figured out that there is a role assignment, role permission missing, fix it. Reasonable: Don't elevate normal users to JazzAdmin. Mind that just being JazzAdmin does not necessarily provide any roles/permissions, except some overrides to sabe process area changes. Minimal changes would be assigning roles to the user aor grant a role the permission needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.