It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I upgraded to RTC 5.0.1 and want to adapt base ClearCase to the buildmanagement in RTC

Juergen Amthauer (21279) | asked Sep 26 '14, 11:18 a.m.

Is there an easy to use guide how to ?

using my existing ClearCase sources, kicking off build by the RTC build management on a build farm

I do not want to import ClearCase source to SCM !

kind regards

Jürgen

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 26 '14, 5:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a utube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQinbPtL8h0  which is from a while back, but I believe is still valid for later releases.   But largely, you would just use RTC Build with ClearCase as you would any other build system with ClearCase ... in the build scripts, mount/load a ClearCase view onto your build machine, run the build, and then report the results back to RTC.

Comments
Juergen Amthauer commented Oct 01 '14, 9:48 a.m.

Dear Geoffrey

Thanks for the quick answer.

Besides the usage of ClearCase  within RTC Build we also like to do the linking between work items and ClearCase elements, so I will dig deeper into the ClearCase bridge .

Jürgen

Juergen Amthauer commented Oct 01 '14, 10:25 a.m.

Ran through the video now.

Need some more info how to install ClearCase bridge on base ClearCase, we do not have UCM, does it also work without CTE just with ClearCase explorer ? I guess no cause the eclipse client in CTE does the magic with connecting to Jazz, correct ?

What are the minimum requirements on ClearCase side ? feature level = 7 ? schema version = ??  to operate with Jazz ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.