It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to move a query to another project area?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked May 20 '14, 8:34 p.m.
We are migrating to a new project area (since we are doing massive project config changes and RTC has limitations on what we can "get rid of", which I do understand why)....

We have custom tooling to move the work items, doing the attribute mapping and state mapping as we go along.

One of the things that we also want is to be able to get the Queries that people have created over.  We understand that some are dependent on attribute changes and therefore, wouldn't really work as-is, but many are not impacted by any of our changes.

Is there any way to do this, even programmatically using Java APIs?

Susan

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 20 '14, 11:03 p.m. | edited May 20 '14, 11:06 p.m.

I don't know myself, but the IQueryCommon api has the ability to get the list of queries (IQueryDescriptor) and the desciptor has a ProjectArea attribute.
there is no setProjectArea() method on IQueryDescriptor, but there is on QueryDescriptor (com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.query.QueryDescriptor)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 21 '14, 8:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Susan,
not possible OOTB, but should be addressed with Provide a way to copy a work item query to another project area. (37198)

(OK, created in Nov 2007 - and still triaged)

Eric
Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented May 21 '14, 8:51 a.m.

Story of my life, I have a list of about 25 or so enhancements that I need that have been in the backlog for 1/2 a decade :-(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.