It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT 2.2.2

z lee (4662) | asked May 05 '09, 10:46 a.m.
Hi i have downloaded BIRT 2.2.2, DTP 1.5.2, and EMF 2.3.2 as instructed.. But there's no birt icon in BIRT 2.2.2 downloads for me to start the program. Please advise me, I need to do it urgently.

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered May 05 '09, 10:54 a.m.
Hi i have downloaded BIRT 2.2.2, DTP 1.5.2, and EMF 2.3.2 as instructed.. But there's no birt icon in BIRT 2.2.2 downloads for me to start the program. Please advise me, I need to do it urgently.

Thanks

Hi, you should see eclipse.exe . Clicking that will start the BIRT stand alone application. Hope that helps.

--Bharath

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered May 05 '09, 10:58 a.m.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm assuming you mean that there is no way to start the BIRT program once you've installed it? If so, then that is correct. Instead, start the RTC Eclipse client (or whatever Eclipse install you are using), and if all succeeded with the install of the features and plugins you should be able to open the Report Design perspective from this menu: Window > Open Perspective > Other. Select Report Design and select OK. (Select the "Show All" checkbox if Report Design does not appear in the list).

There is more information in this tutorial (if you're not already using it): https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCreatingANewReport

I did have some problems in one case when installing the plugins, and if the Report Design perspective isn't showing for you, then might find some errors showing from the product configuration (Help -> Software Updates -> Manage Configuration).

Hope that helps.

Kieron

permanent link
z lee (4662) | answered May 05 '09, 11:05 a.m.
Hi thanks for your help. Yes this is what I'm referring to. I'm following the instructions given in the link and when I opened the eclipse.exe, and click on Window > Open Perspective > Other, there's no report design for me to select.

How do I install BIRT into the eclipse.exe? Sorry for all the questions.

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered May 05 '09, 4:11 p.m.
Personally, and I don't know if this is what you are meant to do, I copied the plugins and features from the BIRT, and other packages, into plugins and features directories in c:/program files/IBM/IBMIMShared (if you're on Windows), and then restarted Eclipse. As I say, I did have a few problems doing this in one install of Eclipse.

Kieron

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered May 05 '09, 5:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
breark wrote:
Personally, and I don't know if this is what you are meant to do, I
copied the plugins and features from the BIRT, and other packages,
into plugins and features directories in c:/program
files/IBM/IBMIMShared (if you're on Windows), and then restarted
Eclipse. As I say, I did have a few problems doing this in one
install of Eclipse.

Don't ever touch C:/Program Files/IBM/IBMIMShared. That directory is
managed by the Installation Manager, and it doesn't react kindly to the
contents being changed behind its back.

I don't know the best way to get the BIRT content into your copy of RTC,
but you will have better luck dropping it into the Team Concert
directory (probably C:/Program Files/IBM/TeamConcert) than into the
Installation Manager's shared directory.

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered May 07 '09, 5:02 a.m.
Thanks for the advice. I'll bear it in mind for future additions of Eclipse plugins to RTC.

Kieron

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.