It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best approach for uploading files to RTC from Jenkins

Jeff Sloyer (3146) | asked Jun 17 '14, 4:55 p.m.
 I am looking to upload files to Jenkins, it didn't look like there was a hook in the RTC plugin for Jenkins that allows uploading files to RTC.

I am using GIT for SCM and due to business constraints I need to publish the output of a build to RTC for another team to consume.

I have started down the path of the scm tools (lscm) following this article, https://jazz.net/library/article/620, however I am having issues with the command line tool.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 17 '14, 5:09 p.m.

ick, uck,  please don't use RTC SCM to store binaries.  use Nexus or somesuch.

what files are you trying to store in RTC SCM?

Jeff Sloyer commented Jun 17 '14, 5:14 p.m.

Oh its not binary files, its actually compiled javascript, css, html.  Its just a static website actually. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '14, 5:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'll defer to the build experts on the best API to use to interact with RTC-SCM, but the main APIs I've seen folks use are the command line tool, ant packages, and as a last resort, a java app that uses the RTC-SCM java client API.  What issues are you having with the command line tool?

sam detweiler commented Jun 17 '14, 6:42 p.m. | edited Jun 17 '14, 6:43 p.m.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.