It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[DNG with CM] - Set up for Changeset / RTC association

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Aug 28 '14, 10:23 a.m.
retagged Aug 28 '14, 11:31 a.m. by Paul Ellis (1.3k613)
I have a Lifecycle project created.
When trying to associate a VVC changeset to an RTC WI I got a message indicating the friendship wasn't set.

So, couple of questions around that.

1. I'd expect the friendship to be created automatically for me as I created the lifecycle project. Should it have?
2. When I went into VVC administration I saw the friendship to JTS was there. Should that have taken care of it or does the friendship to CCM need to be set too?
3. Since friendship to JTS was set automatically at project creation and IF friendship to CCM is needed, why JTS's was created automatically and CCM's wasn't?

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Aug 28 '14, 10:42 a.m.

Addition:

I manually added CCM as a friend to VVC.
Now I see different behaviors when linking from inside the changeset (RM) and from the configurations list (VVC).

On RM I have the option to link to both CCM and QM (don't understand why) only within that same project.

On VVC, however, if I go into that same changeset I have the option to only link it to CCM (what I'd expect) but from here I can pick other projects.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 02 '14, 2:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Taly,

I had a look at this and logged a few defects and subscribed you to them.  Please feel free to add to them, but I think your concerns are covered between the three.  For now, it seems like you need to manually create the friendship between VVC/CCM before you can link a change set.  Hope it helps,

Linking a change set from RDNG should not include QM project areas (90560)
LPA templates need to be updated for VVC (90561)
Linking from change set explorer should not allow linking to QM (48332)
Taly Hotimsky selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 02 '14, 3:52 p.m.

Hi Ben.

Thank you!

I don't understand the reason for the 3rd defect you opened (linking to QM from changeset is not allowed as it is and I don't expect it to be, so I'm not sure what that defect is attempting to fix).

To me, a 3rd (or 4th) defect would be that from within RDNG I can only link to the RTC PA associated with that project and from the changeset explorer I can link to any of my CCM projects. Do you agree? 

Benjamin Silverman commented Sep 02 '14, 4:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Taly,

The reason for the third defect is so that VVC does not allow you to link a changeset (from within VVC change set explorer) to a QM artifact.  Currently it allows you to link to a QM artifact and I don't think it should.

I agree with you on the other defect and actually meant to log that as well.  The VVC change set explorer should filter the project list based on what projects are associated with your configuration (and only CCM projects).

I created Change set explorer should only provide project areas associated with configuration when linking (48333) for this and subscribed you to it.

Taly Hotimsky commented Sep 02 '14, 6:24 p.m.

Thanks Ben! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.