It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Next Generation with Configuration Management - Identifying changes to attributes in Change Set

Chris Noble (2735) | asked Jul 17 '14, 7:13 a.m.
retagged Jul 31 '14, 10:12 a.m. by Paul Ellis (1.3k613)
Hi
I am working with the DOORS Next Generation with Configuration Management Beta. In a configuration space, I create a change set and go to the change set configuration. For one artifact, I add a new attribute and enter a value.
Now if I explore the change set I see the 'name' contents (that I had not changed) but I do not see any indication that an attribute has changed. Is there a way of seeing all the changes to an artifact in the explore change set tool? The only action available on the artifact is 'history' but that doesn't seem to lead to anywhere that might have this information
Thanks
Chris Noble

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jul 17 '14, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I noticed the same thing last week.  It looks like the same issue described in Cannot tell what changes are in a changeset in RM (87105)
Chris Noble selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chris Noble commented Jul 17 '14, 11:32 a.m.

Hi Benjamin
Yes, looks like the same sort of issue, but less specific.
I noted the work item with a link to here
Thanks
Chris

One other answer

permanent link
George DeCandio (1112) | answered Jul 17 '14, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 For the next beta or GA release we will allow users to compare change sets to the target configuration as a way of better understanding what is in the changeset.  I think this is perhaps a better way than just seeing a list of artifact versions.

Comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.