It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

STAX-Adapter - Failed to verify certificate of SSL-Connection to RQM

Sebastian Knopp (811) | asked Aug 20 '14, 10:31 a.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 10:31 a.m.
I tried to get a completely local to test and work on the RQM-Stax-Adapter. Right now my system has a running installation of STAF/STAX and also houses a local jazz server. The server is running, judging by the web interface, but throws a ~[FATAL ERROR] :48:29: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.~ I read that i could ignore this error but I didn't want to leave it out seeing that I don't know what influence that could hate on my problem.

Long story short, I followed the installation guide that came with the Adapter package I was handed and am now stuck at the last point where I actually start the stax-adapter.jar. No matter what I try it ends stating ~FATAL STAXAdapter - Failed to verify the certificate of the SSL Connection to RQM. Try option - testenv for local RQM installation.~

I did try to create my own certificate both import that into the windows certificate manager and set the tomcat to use the new certificate. Also calling the stax-adapter.jar with or without -testenv does not seem to affect this error at all.

I was wondering if anyone encountered the same problem and might know a way to work around it.

regards,
Sebastian

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 20 '14, 10:53 p.m.
 I think you need to import the certificate into the Java certificate store, not Windows. If you don't want to mess with the default store, you can use Java option "javax.net.ssl.trustStore" to point to your custom store. Similar discussions appeared on this forum quite a few times and you should be able to find them just by search "SSL connection", e.g.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/130231/rtc-login-with-java-api-when-rtc-server-uses-ssl-certificates
Sebastian Knopp selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sebastian Knopp commented Aug 21 '14, 5:37 a.m.

I did that and kept on trying other stuff until i noticed that now only the -testenv keeps producing the error while without it is seems to pass the validation only to be stuck ad authentication.
Still tanks a lot, it brought me a step further.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.