It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stax job to push back logs not running via RQM.

Archana Singh (133) | asked Mar 15 '13, 5:45 a.m.
retagged Apr 04 '13, 10:25 a.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
 I am trying to call a STAX Task via RQM which calls a STAX Job to execute a function namely "ExecuteTest". This function "ExecuteTest" has a stafcmd for pushing back the logs to requesting machine as follows:
<sequence>
<script>
from time import strftime  # Only need to do once
import re
currTimestamp = strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
currTimestamp = re.sub('[\D]', '', currTimestamp)
logFile = currTimestamp+"buildDownload.log"
</script>
  <!-- Use the STAF variables and resolve them at runtime instead of using hardcoded paths -->
  <message>'Starting process ant -buildfile C:/DETestSuite/buildDownload/buildDownload.xml >>C:/DETestSuite/buildDownload/%s' % (logFile)</message>
  <process name="'RemoteUnameProcess'">
<location>Host</location>
<command mode="'shell'">'ant -buildfile C:/DETestSuite/buildDownload/buildDownload.xml >>C:/DETestSuite/buildDownload/%s' % (logFile)</command>
<stdout>'~/temp.out'</stdout>
<stderr mode="'stdout'" />
<returnstdout />
</process>
<stafcmd>
<location>Host</location>
<service>'FS'</service>
<request>'COPY FILE C:/DETestSuite/buildDownload/%s TODIRECTORY C:/DETestSuite/logs ' % (logFile)</request>
</stafcmd>
<message>'Process execution over!'</message>
<message>STAXResult</message>
  </sequence>

Now, this script runs fine outside RQM i.e. via STAXMonitor and copies the logs to the C:/DETestSuite/logs folder but when i run the same script via RQM the logs folder is not populated with the generated log.

Please help me to resolve this issue to the earliest.
Thanks.

Comments
Rajat Singh commented Apr 09 '13, 3:26 a.m. | edited Nov 26 '13, 2:56 a.m.

Hi Archana

What is the version of RQM in use?
Are we sure the task execution is even reaching to the function that shoots up the logs while triggering the execution from RQM.
What is the result shown for this execution in RQM?

Best Regards
Rajat

One answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Apr 02 '13, 10:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Archana,

Not sure if this helps but here is a link to the RQM STAF/STAX page: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.lm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_int_stafstax.html.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.