It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build problem

Gilad Saadoun (3661) | asked Oct 17 '07, 5:54 a.m.
Hi,

I try to use the compile-and-test example,add the examples' files to a new project and then run a build from the Jazz.

1. I opened a jave project in my working dir
2. I imported the Hello.java and HelloTest.java from: mypath\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\examples\compile-and-test to the working dir under the "src" dir in the project.
3. I created a new Ant build definition in Jazz and set all the build properties to my working dir, where the build.xml exists.
4. I added the ecj.jar and updated the junitJar property.

The build log is:
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in D:\jazz\jazz\client\eclipse\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\build.xml

readProperties:
Deleting: C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\build.properties

checkEnv:
Using repositoryAddress = https://localhost:9443/jazz/
Using userId = ADMIN
Using buildDefinitionId = helloJave_build
Using junitJar = D:\jazz\jazz\client\eclipse\plugins\org.junit4_4.3.1\junit.jar

setBuildLabel:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.httpclient.params.DefaultHttpParams).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

compile:
Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\bin
Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\bin
Compiling 2 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\bin
Unrecognized option : and
Compilation failed. Compiler errors are available in C:\Documents
Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
Warning: skipping jar archive C:\Documents and Settings\pcowner\gilad\jazzTest_fromJazz\hello.jar because no files were included.

test:
Test hello.test.HelloTest FAILED

runBuild:
Build helloJave_build completed.

all:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 9 seconds

I try many ways to edit the Ant file, but I haven't manage to solve the problem. I will appreciate any kind of help to solve the problem.

P.S
When I create a new Ant build and only set the build file property to the build.xml that is located in the mypath\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\examples\compile-and-test, I manage to run the build.

Thanks,
Gilad

One answer

permanent link
Gilad Saadoun (3661) | answered Oct 17 '07, 9:30 a.m.
The solution:
Don't have spaces in the working directory path.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.