It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: How to change Found In attribute for many work items?

Inge Buecker (111) | asked Sep 12 '13, 10:19 a.m.
With RTC 3.0.1.6 I want to change many defects with Found In = Unassigned to another value.
I can create a query showing all this defects with Found In = Unassigned

But when I select all to be changed defects and open the menu the option "Change Found In..." is not available as for other attributes (e.g "Change Priority...." is possible for many work items).

Do you have another idea how I easily can change many work items Found In value?

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Sep 12 '13, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 12 '13, 10:37 a.m.
Found In attribute is of type Deliverable and bulk edit on Deliverable type is unfortunately a defect :
 Can't change attributes of type Deliverable on multiple work items in the eclipse or web client (183310)

Fixed in 4.0 as part of :
Select bulk actions based on attribute types (184411)
and
Can't change attributes of type Deliverable on multiple work items in the web client (184492)

as for an alternative, I would attempt a export of those work items (with work item id and the found in attribute) and modifying the values in the resultant csv and importing it back with "update matched workitem entry" option selected
Eclipse Client > Open the Project Area > File Menu > Import > Team : Work Items from CSV > Update matched Work Item

I haven't tested this for the Deliverable field.  So, you may want to test this work around on a test machine before applying it on the production.

Hope it helps.

permanent link
Inge Buecker (111) | answered Oct 01 '13, 8:05 a.m.
I got a solution using the web client.
With web client it is possible to "Edit Multiple Work Items" using a work item query. It is possible to Change "Found In" for several defects/work items and also additionally with other attribute changes in one step.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.