It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why sometime the name for a registered application on JTS admin page shown as "undefined title" or "untitiled"

Jin Zhou (591519) | asked Oct 18 '13, 10:24 p.m.
The product version I use is 4.0.3

Adding some jazz applications like dm, rm, qm to JTS which is running on different server. I mean JTS itself is running on server 1 and some registered applications are running on server 2, server 1 and server 2 are physical on different machines. 

restarting server 1 before server 2 is started, go to JTS admin page, found entries for dm, rm and qm haven't been listed in application section which is reasonable to me.
Next start server 2 so dm, rm and qm service are available now.
refreshing the JTS admin page on server 1, entries to dm, rm and qm are listed this time. but the name to each application running on server 2 couldn't be displayed properly and shown as sth like "endefined title".
Also I found no matter server 2 is running or not, the consumer key info related to dm, rm and qm could be confirmed from JTS page.

My questions are
(1) during what stage, JTS would go to retrieve the registered application info to admin page. Why the remote application is running, the name for the application couldn't be displayed on page properly?

(2) consumer key to registered application would always be shown on JTS inbound relation page no matter the registered application is running or not. Does it mean application section info on JTS admin page need check each application status synchronisely?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Oct 21 '13, 5:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you check the folder,  <JazzTeamServer>/server/conf.  These are locations that JTS inspects (or try to provision). For example, if you copy "ccm" and create new directory "ccm2", then it will be displayed if it is on the same server when jts/setup is run again.

Another server must be registered by the URL exposed by Service Contribution Resource (SCR). Normally, it is https://<server>:<port>/<app>/scr.  This URL must exist, and must return resource information. Otherwise, it becomes "Unknown".

Does this answer to your question ?

Jin Zhou selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jin Zhou commented Oct 21 '13, 7:14 p.m.

Thanks, Takehiko

I understand what you mean. The seperate server should also be running to return resouce information which would be displayed on JTS admin home page.

But, sometimes, I found even the remote applications info being available in [Manage Application Artifacts] section of JTS admin home page which means the sepeate server is running, the name of the applications are still not be refreshed promptly but shown as "undefined".

I tried to reload the page but the title info won't be refreshed though I can use the remote application without problem.

Can you explain above phenomenon? Why I refreshing the page won't make the client resend request to server to retrieve the latest info from server?

Is there any delay to show the remote application resource info? any cache technology is used?

Look forward to your information.

thanks and regards

Jin Zhou commented Oct 21 '13, 7:30 p.m.

Hi, Takehiko-san

Another thing I want to mention is the application name would be correctly displayed after about 1 minute at some time when I getting back to the page.

I'm not sure when the info being retrieved from the remote application which is running on a seperate server. Why there is a delay. Why the resource info won't be reload when refreshing the browser.

Thanks.

Takehiko Amano commented Oct 21 '13, 8:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

This may be related to Browser cache. Refresh operation does not have effect since it loads the page from the cache (memory or disk).

To verify that cache is a problem, try disable (just for this jts/setup).

Type about:config in FireFox (if it is FireFox), and then set value to "false".

• browser.cache.disk.enable
  • browser.cache.memory.enable
  • browser.cache.offline.enable
In case of IE, there is option to look up pages on the server on refresh operation.

There may be some issues with cache control in jts/setup phase, since I don't see any tags related to cache control in current implementation.

Jin Zhou commented Oct 22 '13, 11:35 p.m.

thank you for help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.